Whether you prefer non-chocolatey cookies, or simply love the delicious combination of cinnamon and sugar, Snickerdoodle cookies are hard to beat! Even better, this traditional cookie recipe – which is a particular favorite during the holidays – only calls for a handful of ingredients, many of which are probably hanging out in your kitchen right now.
For the cookie:
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 3/4 cup flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon-sugar topping:
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the eggs and vanilla. Cream for 1-2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, just until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for topping.
5. If you have enough time, wrap the dough and let refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to work with when rolling into cookies.
6. Roll dough into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. Using a spoon, a coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered.
7. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before removing from the pan.
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Iron Horse Apartments in North Richland Hills, Texas, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!