Nothing compares to a hearty, filling sandwich – especially when it includes perfectly cooked chicken, Black Forest ham, melted mozzarella, and plenty of crisp arugulas. Yes, we’re referring to none other than the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich! Always a crowd favorite, this sandwich recipe is simple to throw together, making it a natural choice for busy days or lazy nights.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
• 4 chicken cutlets (1/4-inch thick; 3/4 to 1 pound total)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 slices Black Forest ham
• 8 slices smoked mozzarella
• 1 baguette
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
• 1 bunch arugula
1. Preheat the broiler in your oven.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly space the chicken cutlets in the center. Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Broil, rotating the baking sheet as needed so the chicken cooks evenly until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to broil until cooked through 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each piece of chicken with 1 slice ham and 2 slices mozzarella. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Meanwhile, cut the baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces, then split open. Spread the bottom halves with butter and the top halves with mustard.
6. Toss the arugula with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Sandwich the chicken and watercress between the baguette halves.
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Iron Horse Apartments in North Richland Hills, Texas, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!