Put your fully equipped kitchen to good use by making light, fresh dishes, snacks, and apps in the warmer months that do not require a stove or oven. Even if it’s wintertime, these recipes will save on your next gas or electricity bill! Perhaps, best of all, little is more satisfying than freshly-made foods, like this guacamole.
Though there are shortcuts to creating this Mexican staple, like purchasing ready-to-mix packets, the best guacamole is concocted from fresh avocados, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and lime juice. Fortunately, this recipe for Best Ever Guacamole uses these ingredients – and more – for the best guacamole you’ve ever tasted. Mix-up this recipe, and don’t be surprised if your household devours it in a single sitting!
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you'd like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice and beans, or vegetables, and enjoy!
Oxford at Iron Horse Apartments in North Richland Hills, Texas