What could be better than enjoying a delicious, homecooked meal? Not having to spend all day working on the dish! Slow cookers are everyone’s favorite kitchen appliance for this reason. Able to cook a wide range of meals over the span of a few hours, your slow cooker requires only an electrical connection to work its magic. The next time you have a hectic day ahead of you, toss the ingredients for this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken into your appliance, and you’ll have a table-ready meal in five hours. It’s as easy as that!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
• 2 c. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
• 2 c. baby red potatoes, halved or quartered if large
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
• 1/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
• 2 tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp. dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
• 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a large slow cooker, add Brussels sprouts and potatoes in an even layer and place chicken on top.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar, mustard, dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Pour marinade over chicken and vegetables. Scatter all over with garlic.
4. Cover and cook on high until chicken is fall-apart tender, 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve with the juices.
Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from Oxford at Iron Horse Apartments in North Richland Hills, Texas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!