Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Oxford at Iron Horse Apartments in North Richland Hills, Texas makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
Ready for a new breakfast recipe idea? Well, it is the most important meal of the day. Not only does it improve energy levels, but it also helps you concentrate on your tasks and encourages you to make better food choices throughout your day. So, why not give this recipe for Biscuits and Gravy a fair shot? After all, biscuits have been an American breakfast staple since the Civil War, and they are still very prominent in our diets today! To get started, check out the ingredients you’ll need, as well as the directions, below:
- 1 can (16.3-ounce) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound sage flavored pork breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake biscuits as directed on the can.
- Place sausage in a saucepan and turn heat to medium-high. Cook, crumbling the sausage as it cooks, until no pink remains. Do not drain the skillet.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the sausage crumbles and cook until the flour is absorbed.
- Slowly pour the milk into your skillet, stirring as you pour.
- Add crushed red pepper, then cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened.
- Once biscuits are finished baking, slice in half, pour gravy over the biscuits, and serve!